CACIM’s Internship Programme
Become a CACIM Intern !
The purpose of CACIM’s Internship Programme is to offer an opportunity to young people to :
- Work in an upcoming organisation based in New Delhi, India trying to develop a critical understanding of the Movements and Cultures of Politics.
- Provide an insight in the various research tools and at the same time learn manage other kinds of data involved in any research work. CACIM is involved in documentation of the resource material for a range of issues and concerns and offer a window to the contemporary social and political issues.
- Gain a deeper understanding of movement dynamics, in particular with respect to the World Social Forum Process and struggles around social justice in the country with a global perspective.
- Provide an opportunity to read and gain from a modest collection of books and documents on a range of subjects and issues, and in addition get to know people who visit the place for their research work and various processes and campaigns where CACIM is involved.
- Be a part of the institution building team and interact with other team members.
- Present outputs in public forums on the web and in print.
CACIM provides internship opportunities to qualified graduate students with a keen interest in the social movements and socio-economic processes worldwide.
Internship applicants should have -
- A Graduate degree in any subject but with an understanding of social issues, development activities, familiarity with the documentation and some knowledge about the World Social Forum process and different streams of struggles for social justice globally.
- Knowledge of the key sociological, and political terminology, which are related with a Research Project – previous experience in some kind of research / campaign / advocacy work would be good.
- Possess good communication skills in Hindi and English (familiarity with Portuguese or other European languages would be appreciated).
- Proficiency in the Computers – comfortable with working on web, and good typing speed.
- Hardworking, interested in both detail and the larger picture, willingness to learn, methodical, and determined; and –
- Pleasant and easy-going in character.
Internships can last for a period of two months to one year with a recommended two weeks of initial orientation period.
Interns will be based in CACIM Office in New Delhi, India but will be occasionally required to travel in the city and in the Country.
Whats on offer
We encourage the interns to manage their own expenses, because CACIM is still in its forming years and is trying to raise the resources. However, we will provide all possible help in settling down in the city. Hopefully, the rich content of the work itself, and the skills one develops, will be of some reward itself !
If you want to associate with us then we invite you to respond to this questionnaire either in English or in Hindi, the two languages we can handle at the moment. In case you feel the need to take the help of someone to prepare and present your answers to the questions we ask below, we have no problems with this but only ask that you please let us know that you have done this and give us the details.
- How did you hear about CACIM ? Why do you want to intern at CACIM and what are your expectations (please read our website carefully) ? How is the internship related to your studies, career goals etc. ?
- How long would you want to stay/work? How many days/hours a week? (non-stop, or holiday during that time?). Is this internship linked with any other institution (university, organisation etc.) ?
- What can you bring (and/or share) to CACIM ? (language skills, understanding of social political issues relevant to the project on World Social Forum and social movements, knowledge of website development, FOSS related issues, advocacy, documentation, research, resource mobilisation etc.)
- Are you prepared for sustained desk / office work with occasional opportunity for interaction outside in meetings, seminars and discussions beyond the normal working hours as and when required ?
- Do you have any special needs at work place ? What kind of logistics help you require from us in order to facilitate your internship with CACIM ?
- Any further questions / clarifications ?
Send your application along with your recent CV to cacim AT cacim DOT net Thanks !
For Further Information
Madhuresh Kumar / Jai Sen CACIM : India Institute for Critical Action - Centre in Movement A - 3, Defence Colony, New Delhi 110 024 Ph : +91 11 4155 1521 E-mail : cacim AT cacim DOT net Web : www.cacim.net / www.openspaceforum.net